The websites www.chrysalisrail.co.uk and www.chrysalisfabrication.com are owned and operated by Chrysalis Rail Services Ltd., a company registered in England and Wales no. 07397548.
Address: Electra House, Electra Way, Crewe, Cheshire, CW1 6GL.
This policy governs the processing of personal data that you provide to us, that we collect or receive from you or that we receive about your when visiting our website, and/ or engage with us over phone, face-to-face and in writing to provide you with information about our services. This policy explains what personal data we process, how we use that personal data, who we share it with, your rights and other essential information regarding our data protection practices.
Chrysalis Rail Services Ltd. is committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the security of any personal information received from you and as such, we strictly adhere to the requirements of the data protection legislation in the UK. Please direct any queries or requests regarding the data we hold about you to: email: email@example.com or write to Chrysalis Rail Services Ltd., Electra House, Electra Way, Crewe, Cheshire, CW1 6GL.
Legal Basis and Purpose for Processing your Personal Data
• You have given explicit, unambiguous consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes;
• It is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract;
• It is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
• It is necessary to protect your vital interests;
• It is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in us;
• It is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of personal data.
How do we collect information?
We obtain personal information from you when you enquire about our activities, fill in our contact form, send or receive an email, attend an event organised by Chrysalis Rail, ask a question about our services or otherwise provide us with your personal information. We may also receive information about you from third parties; for example, from our service providers or from a contact who wants to tell you about our services and the activities we carry out.
Information we may collect from you
To facilitate your interest in Chrysalis Rail, we may collect and process the following data about you:
• Personal data you sent to us when you actively enquire about our services:
• Place of work and position
• Contact information including postal address, email address and telephone number
• Your interests in relation to Chrysalis Rail services
• The method in which you found our website
• Computer IP address
• Employment CV’s and/or other information you send to us to use regarding recruitment for positions at Chrysalis Rail
Website Usage Information
We also gather information about the use of our websites. The technical information we may collect includes IP addresses, browser types and version, device identifiers (e.g. Mobile device, PC or tablet), operating system and platform, page response times. We gather information about number of page visits, length of page visits, pages views, page interaction and other similar information for additional content that can be access from our website pages, such as opening or printing documents. This information is collected using Google Analytics software and email software such as MailChimp. We may use this information to personalise the way our websites are presented when users visit them, to make improvements to our websites and to ensure we provide the best service for users. Wherever possible we use aggregated or anonymous information which does not identify individual visitors to our websites. Please see information on ‘cookies’ below.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We will use the information held about you for the purposes for which it was provided to us as stated at the point of collection (or as may be obvious in the context of collection). Your personal data will be used by us in the following ways:
• To respond to your enquiries
• To send you the information you have requested
• To improve our business and the service and/or products we provide
• To facilitate any interest in a career at Chrysalis Rail
• To deliver our services/ contractual obligations with you
• For administration purposes. This means we may contact you regarding our services, record keeping, invoicing, contracts and payment collection
• To manage and administer our website and its content
• We use IP addresses and device identifiers to identify the location of users, to establish the number of visits from different countries, and to shape the content on our website
• For analysis and research to improve our services offered
• To improve your search results
• We may use and disclose information in aggregate (so no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
You have various rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data which we have summarised below. If you wish to make a request to exercise any one of these rights, please contact us using the information outlined below.
Your rights in relation to your personal information are:
- Access. You may have the right to confirm with us whether your personal data is processed, and if it is, to request access to that personal data, including the categories of processed data, the purpose of the processing and the recipients or category of recipient. However, we must consider the interest of others, so this is not an absolute right.
- Rectification. You have the right to correct any inaccurate or incomplete personal information.
- Deletion. You have the right to ask us to have your personal information deleted. However, we are not obligated to do so if we need to retain such data to comply with a legal obligation or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
- Restriction. You may have the right to request to restrict the processing of personal data if you believe that such data is inaccurate, our processing is unlawful or no longer needed for a particular purpose.
- Objection. Under certain grounds you may have the right to object to the use of your personal information.
- Portability. You may have the right to receive personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and electronic format. You may have the right to transmit this data to another entity.
- Make a Complaint. You have the right to complain to a supervisory authority.
- Withdrawing Consent. If we are processing your data on the basis of consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
Sharing Data with Third Parties including Our Service Providers and Suppliers
To make certain services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our service partners. These include IT, training, websites and marketing service providers.
Chrysalis Rail only allows its service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply appropriate data protection and security controls. We also impose contractual obligations on service providers relating to data protection and security, which mean they can only use your data to provide services to Chrysalis Rail Services Ltd. and to you, and for no other purposes.
Other Third Parties
Aside from our service providers, Chrysalis Rail Services Ltd. will not disclose your personal data to any third party, except as set out below. We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
We may share your data with:
• governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so: –
• to comply with our legal obligations;
• to exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases);
• for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders; and
• for the protection of our employees and customers.
How Do We Protect Personal Information?
We use a secure server when you contact us via our websites. We take appropriate measures to ensure that the personal information disclosed to us is kept secure, accurate, and up to date. We will ensure that your personal information is kept only for so long as is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected and is securely destroyed in accordance with our Control of Documented Information Procedure.
By providing us with your personal information, you consent to the collection and use of this in accordance with the purposes described in this policy.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Data Retention Periods
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 7 years.
If your personal details change, please help us to keep your information up to date by notifying us.
We may change the terms of this privacy statement. If we do so, we will post the changes here so please check from time to time. By continuing to use our websites you will be deemed to have accepted such changes.
Trademarks and Copyright
Chrysalis Rail Services Ltd. owned websites www.chrysalisrail.com and www.chrysalisfabrication.com contains material which is protected by copyright and/or other intellectual property rights. All copyright and intellectual property rights including the names, images and logos are owned by Chrysalis Rail Services Ltd. unless otherwise stated. All rights are reserved.
You are responsible for complying with all applicable copyright laws. We permit you to make copies of information on Chrysalis Rail Services Ltd. websites as necessary incidental acts during your viewing and you may take a print for your personal use of so much of the site as is reasonable for private purposes. All other uses are prohibited. Nothing in these terms shall be construed as conferring any right to use any trademark logo patent right or copyright of Chrysalis Rail Services Ltd.
If you have cause for complaint, please contact on the details below as soon as possible so we can act to resolve the issue. If you have a data privacy related complaint, you also have the option to direct your complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
Data Protection Regulator
Further information and advice about data protection is available from:
The Office of the Information Commissioner
The content of this site is for general information purposes only. It does not constitute professional advice (legal or otherwise) nor should it be used as such.
Use of this site does not form a contract for services between this company and yourself. Whilst reasonable efforts are made to keep the content of this site both accurate and up to date, no warranties are expressed or implied. We cannot accept responsibility for actions based on the material contained herein.
HOW TO CONTACT US
This policy is under regular review. This policy was last amended on 24 May 2018.